I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker practicing in Knoxville, Tennessee who works with young adults (14 and older) and adults who are struggling to tell their story, those who need someone safe to listen to them, and those who have had a difficult time figuring out what their menu of options are in life.
I believe in the healing power of the therapeutic process. I believe that sometimes we need someone to be on our team, in our corner, to remind us that we have worth and meaning. I believe that you are the expert on you. No one knows the inner workings of your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors quite like you do. I believe that people do the best they can with what they have, most of the time. Sometimes folks come to therapy seeking help putting words to what their problem currently is, why they are feeling what they feel, and other folks come with a well defined problem and need help articulating the best answer for them in the present moment. Either way, I can hold space for you as you formulate a question or as you explore the answer to the question. Showing up is a huge deal.
My skillset is the best fit for folks who identify as LGBTQQIA+, those who have addiction struggles, or those who have anxiety or traumatic experiences in their past. I welcome all those who have experienced societal marginalization. You are my priority. The seats in my office are yours first. I won’t always be able to relate directly because of the reality of the privilege I have as a cis, white woman but I’ll do my best to hold space for you.
Clinical Social Work practice teaches us that people don’t exist outside of their environment and none of us exist in isolation of ourselves, our families, our support, communities, or society. Each aspect of your life and your story is important. I would like to empower everyone who meets with me to tell their story and be themselves, after all, as Dr. Maya Angelou said, “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
It would be my privilege to sit with you while you tell your story.
Call Christina R. Perkins, LCSW for a free 10 minute phone consultation now – (865) 924-2558
- Master’s Degree: University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2013
- Doctorate of Social Work: In Process at the University of TN, Knoxville
- License No. and State: LCSW 6430 Tennessee; Virginia
- NPI: 1700221306
- Over six years experience working in community mental health
- Working with the LGBTQQIA+ community
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Dependence on substances, food, sex, or other process addictions
- Life Transitions
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Issues around identity formation
- Family issues
- Women’s issues
- Pregnancy and postpartum issues
- Addressing Negative Core Beliefs
- I do not work with those who subscribe to hate and this includes those who are participants in Neo-Nazi, Alt-Right, Anti-Semitic, Anti-Muslim, Xenophobic, Homophobic, Transphobic, misogynistic vantage points.
- Adolescents (14 to 18)
- Bisexual Clients
- Gay Clients
- Lesbian Clients
- Transgender Clients
Modalities of Care
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Client Focused therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Feminist Focused Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy