- I will collect co-pays and any account balances at the beginning of each session rather than at the end. I think this will open up the opportunity for us to have a more seamless transition at the end of session.
- Additionally, if you acquire new insurance or have not met your deductible, I will collect full remittance amount for each session from you at the beginning of each treatment session. That amount will vary based on the insurance provider of each person. This change is coming in response to too many occasions wherein I have taken on good faith that insurance would pay and then later found that there is no coverage, no pay to deductible, or folks don’t return, leaving me without payment for many hours worked.
- If you have questions about this or how it may impact you, don’t hesitate to email at Christina@ChristinaRPerkinsLCSW.com or call 865-924-2558.
Updated Fees 2020
Fees due by the patient are dependent upon insurance eligibility, in-network vs. out of network status. Below are the fees for sessions billed to insurance and the cost billed out of pocket if you choose not to file insurance. *The actual amount the therapist is reimbursed by insurance will vary.*
Individual Sessions: $125 per 45 minute hour; $150 for a 53-60 minute hour
Individual Intakes: $175 per hour
Couples or Family intakes: $175 per hour
Couples or Family Sessions: $150 per hour.
I am currently in-network with the following insurance companies:
- Behavioral Health Systems
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of TN
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- American Behavioral
- Optum/United Healthcare
Please note, being in-network with an insurance company does not mean they will reimburse session fees as required for payment. Any deductibles and benefits to be paid are the responsibility of the patient.
I am currently in process of credentialing with the following companies:
If I am not currently credentialed with your network, please contact me at Christina@ChristinaRPerkinsLCSW.com so that we can discuss filing an out of network claim or so that I can consider applying for that network. You can choose NOT to use your insurance benefits UNLESS you have Bluecare or any other state funded medicaid (Amerigroup or UHC-Community Plan), then you must file an insurance benefit.
Forms of Payment
Cash, Check, Credit/Debit cards (via Square), FSA, HSA